High-quality stitches which match the Soft-to-the-touch stitches help create a as if sitting on a sofa
The machine comes with JUKI’s unique alternating vertical movement mechanism, where the presser foot’s amount of alternating vertical movement does not change even when the material weight changes.
The amount of alternating vertical movement of the presser foot does not decrease even when a heavy-weight material is sewn. Therefore, the efficiency of the walking foot does not decrease so as to prevent uneven material feed.
The amount of alternating vertical movement is adjustable up to 6.5mm according to the weight of the material or any multi-layered part of it.
Consistent Stitching Performance
The PLC-1700 Series machines have substantially been improved in their overall “efficiency of feed. ” The machine smoothly handles large and heavy-weight materials with an increased efficiency of feed, thereby producing consistent seams free from irregular stitches (differences in stitch length).
Powerful Rectangular-Feed Mechanism
JUKI’s unique feed mechanism has been employed to eliminate stitch gathering, which is likely to occur with the conventional feed mechanism (elliptical-feed).
The rectangular-feed locus produces an increased efficiency of feed with consistency from the beginning to the end of sewing.
Since the feed dog’s amount of lift is small, material flopping, noise and vibrations can be reduced.
Dual Tension Mechanism
The machine is able to perform sewing with low-count thread under a higher tension, which is difficult for the conventional single-tension method, with ease. The machine comes with a dual-tension thread tension system (two tension posts are used for a single thread).
The basic performance (specifications) has been dramatically improved.
- A maximum number of revolutions of 2500sti/min (increased by 25%) is achieved to increase productivity.
- The machine is able to support a maximum stitch length of 9mm (12mm for the L type).
- It is now possible to factory-install the presser foot with a center guide for 2needles at the time of delivery.
Higher lift of the presser foot
The presser foot lift is as high as 16mm, allowing the user to handle the material with ease.
Simple-setting of the amount of alternating vertical movement
The vertical strokes of the presser foot and walking foot (alternating vertical movement) can be easily changed using a large dial mounted on the top surface of the machine head. In addition the sewing speed is automatically adjusted with the set value. With this feature, ideal sewing conditions are maintained at all times.
L type (thick-thread long-pitch)
The machine performs sewing with consistency with a broader range of needle counts up to #0. In addition, it achieves the maximum stitch length of 12mm.
- A triangular cam has been adopted for the feed rock cam. This enables consistent sewing with a thread count of up to 0.
- The machine comes provided as standard with a handwheel which is larger than the S type (standard) so as to increase the material-penetrating force of the needle.
- In order to ensure an efficiency of feed (presser foot pressure) which is larger than that provided by the S type (standard), a double-coil spring is equipped as standard for the pressure bar spring.
- The maximum stitch length is 12mm for both forward and reverse feed directions. In addition, the alternating vertical movement dial is provided as standard